Skip to the main content of the page

Payroll Taxes


As an employer, you'll need to register with the Oregon Employment Department. Once you are registered and if you have employees, you will be directed to the Department of Revenue to apply for a Business Ide​​​ntification Number (BIN)

You can register quickly and securely on the Department of Revenue, Revenue Online site. Register online for a BIN using Revenue Online or by submitting a Combined Employer's Registration​ form. You must register before issuing any paychecks. ​

​If you are a subject employer, you'll also need to post the notice concerning Unemployment Insurance (Form 11) where your employees can read it. We will mail you this form. We can provide this form in English and Spanish.

Status Changes

You must notify the Oregon Employment Department and the Oregon Department of Revenue when changes are made in the organization, or the status of your business. The following are examples of changes that you need to report on the Business Change in Status (Form 013):

  • Sale or lease of business
  • Dissolution of a partnership
  • Formation of a new partnership
  • Dissolution of a corporation
  • Formation of a new corporation
  • Death of an owner or partner
  • Any other changes in the legal standing of a business

If the address of your business changes, you will need to notify us on the Business Contact Change Form so we can update your mailing information to receive important information regarding taxes, Unemployment Insurance, hearings etc. 

Forms for status or contact changes are located on the Tax Forms & Fliers page.


​​​Contributions Unit

Need Help?

Our team is here to
 help you!

Phone: (503) 947-1488


Oregon Employment Department
875 Union St. NE
Salem, Or 97311

Hours of Operation: 

8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
TTY: 7-1-1
​Internet Relay: Sprint Relay Online