Oregon’s Dislocated Worker Program
“The goal of Rapid Response is to enable affected
workers to return to work as quickly as possible following a layoff or to avoid unemployment
Oregon’s Dislocated Worker Program offers help to
both employers and workers before and during a layoff. If you're a worker who
has been laid off (or notified of an impending layoff) through no fault of your
own, we offer free services that prepare you to find new work. If you're
an employer facing a business closure or layoff, we can help you proceed and
provide on-site services for your workers.
- The WARN Act offers protection to workers, their families, and
communities by requiring employers to provide a 60-day notice to the affected
employees and both state and local representatives prior to a plant closing or
- Our Dislocated Worker Program services are designed to help workers who
have been laid off get back to work as quickly as possible.
- If you're considering a major layoff or plant closure, our
local Rapid Response teams can help guide you through the process
- If you're struggling and need resources to be able
to: adapt to a changing economy, stay in business or retain employees
- This information helps counselors and service providers administer the
program and better serve customers.