There are a variety of different video interviewing platforms and each of them works similar to one another. Here are some things you can expect:
Recorded video interviews
- Once the interview is started, the first question will appear in text. Managers have the ability to pre-record themselves asking the question in addition to the text, so this may be seen this as well.
- There will typically be 4-6 questions
- You will typically have 1 to 3 minutes to answer each questions
- You will typically receive 2-3 chances to record your answer for each question
- A video interview can take between 15 and 45 minutes
Live video interviews
- You will be on a video conference call with an individual or a panel of interviewers (these details may be noted in the interview invitation).
- There will typically be 5 – 10 questions and interviewers may ask follow-up questions.
- A live video interview can take anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes.