Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Administrative Hearing

Who Is Entitled to a Hearing?

The notice you received from DMV will tell you if you have the right to an administrative hearing. This is not the same as an Administrative Review or Implied Consent Hearing.

How Do I Request a Hearing?

You CANNOT call to request a hearing.

If you want to ask for an Administrative Hearing you can:

  • Submit an online request;
  • Fax your request to DMV Hearings Case Management Unit at 503-945-5521; or
  • Mail your request to:

    • DMV Hearings Case Management Unit
      1905 Lana Ave. NE
      Salem OR 97314

Your request must be in writing and include:

  • Your full name and date of birth;
  • Business name, if the action involves a business certificate or license, or a vehicle that is owned by a business;
  • Your complete mailing address (or business address if applicable);
  • Phone number (with area code) where you can be reached during normal business hours;
  • Driver license, permit, identification card or customer number;
  • Vehicle registration plate or title number;
  • Cancellation or suspension being contested;
  • Letter ID number (if applicable);
  • Request for an interpreter and specific language (if necessary); and
  • Name, address and telephone number of your attorney (if applicable).

Other Information

  • You have the right to be represented by an attorney, although most people are not represented.
  • Legal aid organizations may be able to help you if you have limited financial resources.
  • Your request for a hearing must be postmarked or received at DMV Headquarters in Salem, Oregon, within the number of days stated in your notice.
  • If the deadline for requesting a hearing falls on a weekend or a legal holiday, the request is due at 11:59 PM on the next business day.
  • Call the DMV Hearings Case Management Unit at 503-945-5545 to make sure DMV received your request.
  • If your request is not received in time, you lose your chance to request a hearing, except as noted in OAR 137-003-0528.
  • If inclement weather is forecasted or state offices are closed on a day when your hearing is scheduled, contact the Office of Administrative Hearings at 503-947-1608 if you have questions about the status of the hearing.

Frequently Asked Questions