Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Farm Endorsement

You can get a farm endorsement on a:

  • Regular driver license;
  • Provisional driver license; or
  • Commercial driver license.

This endorsement allows you to drive a commercial motor vehicle when:

  • The vehicle is controlled or operated  by a farmer;
  • You are transporting agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to and from a farm;
  • You are not driving for a common or contract motor carrier; and
  • You are driving within 150 miles of the farmer’s farm.

With a farm endorsement you can drive:

  • Commercial motor vehicles with air brakes;
  • Tankers;
  • Double trailers; and
  • Vehicles transporting hazardous materials.

To transport passengers, including farm workers, you must have a CDL with a passenger endorsement.

How to Get a Farm Endorsement

You cannot get a farm endorsement if your CDL, or right to apply for a CDL, has been suspended for life.

Frequently Asked Questions