Skip to main content Homepage

Changing Your Address


When to Notify DMV

You are required to notify DMV within 30 days of changing your address. 

Personal Address Change

You can change your address: 

Your voter registration information will be updated unless you state that you do not want it changed.

DMV will mail you an address sticker for your driver license, instruction permit, or ID card for no fee. If you do not want a sticker, you can go to your local DMV office and apply and pay for a replacement license or ID card showing your new address. The fee to replace a:

  • License or permit is $26.00; and
  • ID card is $39.50.

Business Address Change

Provide on company letterhead:

  • Previous address;
  • New address; and
  • Signature of owner.

Fax or mail address change request to:

    DMV Customer Database Unit
    1905 Lana Ave NE
    Salem, OR 97314
    Fax: (503) 947-4007

Dealer or dismantler address changes are handled by DMV Business Regulation

Vehicle Registration Card Address Change

DMV will not send you a new registration card when you change your address.  You can write your new address on your registration card or you can get a new registration card by:

  • Filling out an Application;
  • Including a fee of $5: and
  • Submitting them by mail or at your local DMV office.

Frequently Asked Questions


Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how