Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Obtaining a License

To be licensed in Oregon as a Professional Engineer, Professional Land Surveyor, or Certified Water Right Examiner, you must submit an application:
  • Online application on MyOSBEELS
  • Proof of passing approved exams
  • Proof of qualifying education and experience combination
  • Application Fee
Each discipline has a different set of registration requirements. Visit the Licensing Process in Oregon page or OAR 820-010-1000 to OAR 820-010-5010 to view the discipline-specific qualifications.

Registered Professional Photogrammetrist applications need to be submitted to the Board office. Download the instructions and application here.

Note: Oregon does not require licensure for firms, only for individuals seeking professional registration.

Registration Application Deadlines

Completed registration applications are reviewed by OSBEELS Registration Specialists to ensure that the candidate has provided proof of meeting the minimum qualifications. After the review is complete, the Registration Specialists recommend that the Board approve complete applications at the next Board meeting. To ensure that a complete application will be reviewed in enough time to go before the Board, it must be received by the OSBEELS office in accordance with the following schedule:

Registration Applications for Professionals

To apply please register now at

Applications for Additional Branches

The Application for Additional Branch should only be used by registrants who already hold an active PE license and would like to add a branch. This application should not be used for first-time PE license applicants or SE license applicants.

Download: Application for Additional Branches of Engineering

SE Applications

To apply please register now at

OAR 820-010-4000(4)(e) requires SE applicants to provide at least 2 years of structural engineering experience that includes: “the design, analysis, evaluation, peer review or quality control of either the primary structural frame and its elements or parts or the lateral force resisting system and its elements or parts, for at least two significant structures."

Appendix A: Significant Structures

Significant Structures Flowchart

To ensure that SE applications meet this requirement, all SE applications are reviewed by the OSBEELS Examinations and Qualifications Committee (EQC). To accommodate this additional review, SE applications adhere to a different deadline schedule:

Enrollment Applications for Interns (EI, LSI)

In order to qualify for an EI/LSI registration, applicants must have passed a fundamentals course administered by NCEES - either fundamentals engineering (FE) or fundamentals of land surveying exam (FLS). Then the applicant must submit an EI/LSI application enrollment form with the appropriate fee.

To apply please register now at



Register and login to your MyOSBEELS account to apply for a license or submit an Oregon-Specific Examination application.