Waterway Access Permit Revenue -Returned to Boaters
Waterway Access Permit revenue goes back out to
eligible applicants in the form of Waterway Access Grants (WAG).
Eligible grant applicants include:
- Park districts,
- State and federal agencies, and
- Tribal governments
Grant dollars can be used to:
- buy property,
- develop, construct, renovate and improve nonmotorized recreational boating access
- promote boating safety education and buy equipment for boating programs in underserved communities.
WAG can assist governmental entities with these types of access improvements on Oregon's waterways:
Notes: - Biennium 2019-21 comprises the period of July 2019 to June 2021.
- Biennium 2021-23 comprises the period of July 2021 to June 2023.
- The Waterway Access permit became effective in January 2020.
From July 2019 to June 2021, the revenue collected from Waterway Access Permits reached $1,963,161. During the same period. the Marine Board awarded $543,258 in grants and different support projects.