OSMB Refund Policy
All fees are non-refundable. OAR 250-010-0058
Marine Board Fulfillment Policy
The applicant’s debit or credit card is charged at the time of application. A title, registration, or other credential will be issued when the application is complete, fully evaluated, and it is determined that all requirements have been met.
Marine Board Merchant Card Policy
Merchant Card Policy:
Marine Board agency staffers are not authorized to enter debit or credit card information into the system. Applicants must originate all financial transactions related to their application for title, registration, guide, or other credentials. The Marine Board system does not store or keep any financial information entered into the system.
Social Media Comment Policy
Comments are monitored by OSMB's Social Media Administrator and Staff.
The Marine Board encourages comments, critiques, questions, and suggestions. By posting comments on the Marine Board’s social media sites, you are agreeing to the following:
The agency doesn't guarantee or warrant that any information contained in citizen comments is correct; OSMB disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any reliance on such information. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
The Marine Board reserves the right to delete, block or mark as spam any and all comments. The agency also has the right to block access to anyone from posting to the Marine Board’s social media sites.
- While this is an open forum, it’s also a family-friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family-friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you don’t comply, your message will be hidden or deleted.
- Anyone who seeks to make a deliberately offensive or provocative comment with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them will be hidden and summarily banned if the behavior continues.
- We will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening, or harassing language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
- Commenting may also be disabled at the discretion of the site administrator.
- We will not allow comments that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- We will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- We will not allow comments that promote or advertise a person or a business or commercial transaction that is unrelated to boating in the state of Oregon. The agency is not permitted per statute to endorse or promote any individual product, person, manufacturer or service.
- We will not allow any comments that encourage illegal, reckless or careless boat operations. Any reference to “shoot, shovel and shut up or SSS" or any variance of those will be deleted, and repeated comments may result in getting blocked.
- We will not allow the same content to be posted multiple times. Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.
- Comments should be related to the topic at hand. If your comment is not on topic, you may be contacted by administrators and provided the correct channels for your questions or concerns. Repeated off-topic comments may be deleted. Continued off-topic commenting may result in being blocked/banned.
- Comments attempting to spread false information will be deleted. Repeat comments or comments repeating the same information on different threads or social media channels administered by the agency may be deleted. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in getting blocked. By commenting on OSMB's social media sites, you may be contacted through a private message by those moderating OSMB's social media. Copying and posting a private message from the moderator into a public comment forum will result in an immediate ban from the page.
- We will not allow comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure.
- We will not allow comments or posts that disclose information that the agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
- When the agency solicits boating images, by sharing or messaging a photo, you hereby grant the Oregon State Marine Board all rights to use of the photograph in perpetuity for any and all marketing and public information campaigns engaged in by the agency, and any and all publications, videos, website or other printed or digital materials produced by the agency or its agents for the agency's use and benefit.
Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of The Oregon State Marine Board. Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation, or disclosure to third parties or public information requests.
Communications made through Facebook will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Oregon State Marine Board or any official or employee of the state of Oregon for any purpose. For official inquiries or correspondence or if you need immediate assistance, please email us at email@example.com; visit our website or call us at 503-378-8587.
This comment policy is subject to modification at any time. Thank you for taking the time to read our comment policy. We hope you'll check back with us often for news and information.
State of Oregon Website Privacy, Terms and Conditions