Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Environmental Protection Agency

Clean Air Act Section 112r

The EPA requires facilities that produce, handle, process, distribute, or store certain chemicals to develop a risk management program, prepare a risk management plan (RMP), and submit the RMP to the EPA. You are required if you possess a threshold quantity (TQ) of a substance found on the 112r list. Facilities in Oregon are required to identify whether or not they are subject to these requirements on the Oregon hazardous substance inventory report.

More information:

Toxic Release Inventory in Oregon

The Federal Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) Section 313 require facilities to annually submit data on releases/transfers of certain toxic chemicals from industrial facilities to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the state. EPCRA requires the data to be publicly available in the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI). The Pollution Prevention Act requires additional data on waste management and source reduction activities to be reported under TRI. The goal of TRI is to provide citizens with information about how companies and governments manage toxic chemicals. The OSFM Community Right to Know Unit serves as the state recipient of TRI data. 

Facilities in Oregon can submit their TRI information to both U.S. EPA and the Oregon Community Right to Know Unit through the Federal Central Data Exchange (CDX) using the TRI-ME web application. CDX will send your data to Oregon, eliminating the need to generate a CD to mail to Oregon Community Right to Know.
TRI reporting forms and instructions and related guidance documents:

Hazardous Substance Hotlines
503-378-6835 or 800-454-6125 

Help Desk