Whether you’re new to public employment, approaching the end of your career, or somewhere in between, PERS and the Oregon Savings Growth Plan (OSGP) are here to help you understand your retirement benefits so you can successfully navigate your financial future.
The following are resources created for PERS Expo that you may find helpful. These resources are for general educational purposes only and may not speak to your specific situation.
If you have questions, including about your specific situation, contact PERS Member Services or OSGP representatives.
PERS/OSGP preparation checklists
No matter where you are in your career, preparing for retirement is a process full of choices. The following checklists provide general tips and action items you can use to prepare for a successful and secure retirement. The lists also include links to additional resources you may wish to explore.
Note that once you submit your application for retirement to PERS, you will receive a new checklist from the agency. When you are nearing retirement, read our “I Want to Retire” webpages for Tier One/Tier Two and OPSRP for more information.
Videos and workshops
Want to learn more about your PERS benefits, the retirement experience and beyond? Check out the following video offerings:
- The Two Parts to your PERS Retirement — This animated video provides a general overview of the two basic components of PERS benefits: PERS pension and the Individual Account Program (IAP).
- PERS Retirement Discussion Panel — PERS retirees talk about their experiences before, during and after the retirement process.
- Introduction to PERS Health Insurance Program (PHIP) — This presentation discusses PHIP and the health insurance plans it offers to PERS retirees.
- Have you designated a beneficiary? — This video from OSGP covers the importance of designating beneficiaries. (Note: For OPSRP members, the beneficiary options for your PERS pension are limited by law. However, you can designate beneficiaries for your IAP and optional OSGP account.)
- How does PERS work? — The Public Employees Retirement System functions through the partnership of three entities: the Oregon Legislature, Oregon State Treasury, and PERS, the agency.
Educational workshops presented by PERS staff are available for Tier One/Tier Two and OPSRP members.
OSGP also offers various videos and workshops on its website. Check out the following OSGP offerings:
- Educational videos — Videos span a number of topics, including how OSGP can help you save for retirement and the advantages of naming beneficiaries, consolidating accounts and rolling over your IAP.
- Live and recorded workshops — Register for or watch recordings of three educational workshops covering OSGP, basic investment concepts and retirement strategies.
This webpage is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal or financial advice. If there is any conflict between this webpage and federal law, Oregon law, or administrative rules, the laws and rules shall prevail.