Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage


When you get married, you need to notify PERS if you change your name, using the Information Change Request form.

If you are a Tier One/Tier Two member and want to update your beneficiaries, you must submit:

If you are an Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP) member, your pension beneficiary is set for you by Oregon law, and you do not need to submit any forms. Oregon law only allows PERS to pay a death benefit to an OPSRP member's spouse, or to any other person who is constitutionally required to be treated in the same manner as a spouse for the purpose of retirement benefits.

OPSRP members, however, can update beneficiaries for their Individual Account Program (IAP) benefit. Use the IAP Preretirement Designation of Beneficiary form.

Send your forms to:

PERS Membership
P.O. Box 23700
Tigard, OR 97281-3700