Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Out-of-State Licensees

If you currently hold a real estate license in another state, you must still meet all of Oregon's licensing requirements to conduct professional real estate activity in Oregon. There are no waivers of education or license examinations available.

In Oregon, the broker license is the entry-level real estate license. You can find more information about the requirements for each license in the links below:

Reciprocal licensing

Oregon has reciprocal licensing agreements with the following jurisdictions:

  • Alabama
  • Alberta
  • Georgia
  • Nebraska
  • South Dakota

The requirements for reciprocal licensing are specific. Contact the Agency for more information.

Armed Forces service members and their spouses or domestic partners

An active-duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces stationed in Oregon, or their spouse or domestic partner, may obtain an authorization to conduct professional real estate activity in Oregon.

A qualifying applicant is required to:

  • Hold an active real estate license in good standing in the same real estate license category in another U.S. state. The license must have been active during the two years immediately preceding the move.
  • Complete an application and pay the $300 license application fee .
  • Provide a copy of the military orders stationing the service member in Oregon.
  • Furnish certification of an active license from another U.S. state.

Contact the Agency for more information on requirements and the application