Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »


If you disagree with a decision on a workers' compensation claim, you may have the right to appeal the decision to the Workers' Compensation Board. In order to timely and properly file a request for hearing, follow the instructions contained in any denial letter issued by the insurance company, or in any decision by an agency (such as the Workers' Compensation Division). Those appeal rights are generally found in bold at the end of a letter or agency order. There are time deadlines for filing a request for hearing, so be sure to file within the time specified in the notice.

In any hearing, you must prove your case. You are strongly urged to retain an attorney who is knowledgeable in workers' compensation law. If you want your case reviewed by an attorney, contact one as soon as possible. To find a workers' compensation attorney, you can look in telephone or Internet directories, or contact the Oregon State Bar referral service below:

Oregon State Bar
P.O. Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
503-684-3763 (Portland) or
800-452-7636 (toll-free in Oregon)