The Workforce and Talent Development Board consists of members appointed by the Oregon Governor, as prescribed in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), with voting members confirmed by the Oregon Senate.
Appointed by the Governor under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the WTDB is made up of leaders representing business, labor, local workforce development boards, community-based organizations, the Oregon legislature, local government, and state agencies. The majority of the board represents business.
Apply for an appointment
The WTDB is currently recruiting individuals who:
- Are passionate about assuring that Oregon has an effective workforce system that meets the needs of individuals to find and keep good jobs and for businesses to find workers who support their current and future competitiveness.
- Are knowledgeable about the workforce system, or willing to take the time to learn about it.
- Commit to participating regularly on both the board and a standing committee(s), and taskforces.
- Have a high level of professionalism.
- Help the Governor meet the goals for boards to be reflective of the full geographic and diversity of our state.