Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic triggered an unprecedented recession affecting all industries, all regions, and all populations in Oregon. However, the economic impact is not equal across all industries, regions, and populations. This creates unique challenges and policy and program opportunities to respond to the pandemic’s economic disruption in the immediate, short, and longer term. ECONorthwest and other key thought-leaders have developed a series of reports and papers regarding key workforce and economic issues resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Effects of the Pandemic on Oregon’s Healthcare Workforce,ECONorthwest, November 2020
- Effects of Social Distancing on Oregon’s Leisure and Hospitality Workers, ECONorthwest, September 2020
- Issue Brief: The Human Development Side of Economic Recovery in Oregon, David T Conley, PhD, EdImagine, September 2020
- Stimulating Apprenticeship in Oregon Now and For the Future, Robert I. Lerman, Urban Institute, September 2020
- Summary of Workforce Conversations with Business, Education, Workforce, Government, Nonprofit, and Thought Leaders during the Coronavirus Pandemic, Oregon Business Council/Oregon Business Plan, Summer 2020
WTDB Taskforce Reports
The WTDB has shifted to a taskforce structure to respond more effectively to the WTDB's Strategic Plan. The taskforce structure is responds to focused problems, issues, and opportunities allowing for faster, more action-oriented outcomes.
Artificial Intelligence Taskforce
Essential Employability Skills Taskforce
Equitable Prosperity Taskforce
Adult Learner Advisory Committee