Design is underway to address crashes along Oregon Highway 224 at Southeast 135th Avenue. Construction is planned to begin in 2015.
ODOT is currently designing the following improvements:
- Replacing signal poles and adding a left turn signal on Southeast 135th Avenue at the intersection of OR 224.
- Replacing the traffic signal sensors in the roadway.
- Constructing a new bus pullout on eastbound OR 224 east of Southeast 135th Avenue.
- Constructing a new sidewalk along the south side of OR 224.
Project area map
Click below for a downloadable image:
OR 224 at SE 135th Improvements.pdf
- Design complete: fall 2014
- Construction begins: early 2015
The schedule is subject to change due to weather and site conditions.
What are the construction impacts?
Details about how construction will affect traffic will be available when design wraps up. We do expect lane closures and traffic stops lasting up to 20 minutes for signal pole installation.
Continue to check back here for details or send us an email to be added to the mailing list (email subject line: OR 224 at SE 135th).
Questions or comments?
Please contact Brandy Steffen, ODOT Community Affairs Coordinator if you have questions or comments about this project: