Safety Improvement Project Under Way
OR 99E (SE McLoughlin Boulevard) at SE Vineyard
A contractor working for the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) started construction on a safety improvement project on OR99E (Southeast McLoughlin
Boulevard) at Southeast Vineyard Road in February 2015. The project is scheduled to be complete in
summer 2015. *Note: schedule is subject
to change based on weather and site conditions.
Below is an update on the project:
- The new pedestrian island north of the intersection of Southeast McLoughlin Boulevard and Southeast Vineyard Road has been built and is substantially complete.
- Through the end of March 2015, the new traffic signal pole foundations will be poured and through the beginning of April, new curbs and sidewalks will be poured.
- Work continues on the new traffic separator north of the intersection of Southeast McLoughlin Boulevard and Southeast Vineyard Road.
Above: Pedestrian island is built and substantially complete on OR99E north of SE Vineyard Rd. Temporary traffic control is in place until project is completed. Signing and striping will occur during the last stages of the project.
For more information related to weekly traffic impacts, please also visit the Weekly Construction Updates web page.
The project consists
of the following elements:
a new traffic signal at the intersection of OR99E (McLoughlin Boulevard)
and Vineyard Road.
a pedestrian island on McLoughlin Boulevard north of Vineyard Road near
the bus stop locations.
a traffic separator north of Vineyard Road.
existing pedestrian island on McLoughlin Boulevard (located south of Vineyard
ADA ramps at all corners of the intersection of McLoughlin Boulevard and
street recognition signage.
- Improve lighting.
Click on this link to view the map as a PDF: Project Map (printable version)
- Reduce potential for turning movements and right angle
crashes on McLoughlin Boulevard and Vineyard Road.
- Provide safer pedestrian crossings at intersection of McLoughlin
Boulevard and Vineyard Road and north of Vineyard Road near bus stops, reducing
the potential for pedestrian crashes.
- Improve visibility at intersection of McLoughlin
Boulevard and Vineyard Road and crossings by providing additional signage
and improved lighting.
- Daytime lane closures will occur on northbound and
southbound McLoughlin Boulevard.
- All travel lanes may be closed at night for up to 20
minutes at a time during the installation of traffic signal poles.
- Business access will remain open.
construction activities are being scheduled at night in order to minimize
traffic impacts on McLoughlin Boulevard at Vineyard Road, to minimize impacts
to adjacent businesses and improve motorist safety.
Your home or business may be near enough to the work area to be affected
by nighttime construction noise. The noise you will hear at night will come from heavy equipment
and construction trucks. To report noise problems or incidents requiring
immediate attention call the Night
Construction Hotline at (503) 412-2395.
- Work will occur during the
day between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
and at night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
when crews are working on the traffic signal poles.
Spring 2014: Project design completed
Late 2014/Early 2015: Construction starts
Summer 2015: Construction completed
* Dates are subject to change due to weather and site conditions.
ODOT hosted an open house on Feb. 18, 2014. Following are the materials presented at the open house:
ODOT Community Affairs Coordinator