Nov. 30 - Dec. 7, 2013
Oregon Highway 217 (Beaverton-Tigard Highway)
Project Description: The required road improvements include widening OR 99W southbound to include a new lane and sidewalk, a landscaped center median and widening the OR 217 northbound off-ramp to S.W. 72nd Avenue. This construction project is being done by a private contractor and is required by the City of Tigard for the development of a WalMart store on Dartmouth Street along OR 99W. A contractor for WalMart will make the required road improvements. Lanes will not close during daytime hours.
Traffic Impacts: Shoulder lanes will be closed for approximately 1/8 of a mile on the northbound OR 217 on-ramp at S.W. 72nd Avenue for construction activities starting at approximately 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. each night.
Oregon Highway 217 (Beaverton-Tigard Highway), U.S. 26 to I-5
Project Description: This project will make operational and safety improvements on OR 217 including widening the right shoulders on three sections of OR 217, paving both directions of OR 217 from U.S. 26 to I-5, improving signage in the OR 217 corridor and upgrading the center median barrier.
Monday, Dec. 2 through Wednesday, Dec. 4, from 9 a.m. to 3p.m.
• The westbound right lane of Barnes Road, east of SW Baltic Ave will be closed for structure and utility work.
• The eastbound right lane of Barnes Road, east of SW Valeria View Dr. will be closed for structure and utility work.
• There will also be daytime shoulder closures at various locations on OR 217 for structure and guardrail work.
Monday, Dec. 2 through Friday, Dec. 6 from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• The OR 217 northbound ramp to US 26 westbound will be closed for barrier installation each night
• The detour will be OR 217 to US 26 eastbound to Exit 71 (Sylvan) and return on US 26 eastbound. The OR 217 northbound exit to Barnes Road will remain open.
• There will also be intermittent nighttime lane and ramp closures on OR 217 from US 26 to Interstate 5 for structure work and detector loop installation all week.
Motorists should allow extra time to travel on OR 217 during both daytime and nighttime hours for possible delays due to congestion and detours.