Interchange 127 is an urban interchange that serves north Roseburg in Douglas County.
The interchange ramps connect with Edenbower Boulevard, which is one of four east-west local arterial routes that provide access over I-5. Edenbower Boulevard provides access to the Roseburg Regional Airport and Mercy Medical Center from I-5. It also connects to the community of Winchester to the north via Stephens Street (Old Highway 99), and provides access to residential and commercial developments.
The goals of this IAMP are to develop a plan for improvements for Interchange 127 that can be implemented over time to maximize the function of the existing interchange and address the long-term needs of Roseburg and other nearby Douglas County communities.
The objectives of the IAMP are to:
- Protect the function of the interchange and Edenbower Road
- Develop concepts to improve safety and keep the interchange and connecting roads operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Forecast the future needs of the area, and identify potential improvements to mitigate possible problems.
- Incorporate bicycle and pedestrian elements, such as sidewalks, bike lanes, and pathways, as well as corresponding roadway crossings.
- Minimize the need and expense for making major improvement to the interchange through the planning horizon.
Exit 127 Under Construction 1995
Exit 127 Complete 1996
Draft Technical Memos:
For More Information:
Allie Krull, Project Manager
ODOT Transportation Planner