ODOT and Jefferson County prefer Option 1A
A road safety audit was completed for the U.S. 97 at Cherry Lane project area in 2011. The report can be found in the Project Materials section below.
ODOT and Jefferson County reviewed the different options presented in the report and decided to move forward with Option 1A. This option would:
- Remove the south bound passing lane on U.S. 97 at Cherry Lane
- Widen U.S. 97 for turn pockets at Cherry Lane and Cora Drive
- Realign Cora Drive with U.S. 97
- Close and cul-de-sac Clark Drive at U.S. 97
- Realign Clark Drive with Cora Drive
- Flatten side slopes and remove barrier along the east side of U.S. 97 at Hilltop Lane
The next steps are to complete the design and acquire the right of way. Currently, the contract bid date is scheduled for February 2014 with construction later that year.