The ODOT library serves as a technical information resource for our agency, as well as providing services to other state, county and local government agencies, and the general public. The collection includes a comprehensive selection of transportation-related publications, journals, and standards, including titles from American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), Transportation Research Board (TRB), Federal Highway Association (FHWA), and American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). In addition, the library houses the ODOT History Center, which offers an extensive collection of historic photos, reports, maps and documents covering the 100+ year history of the agency.
The ODOT Library provides:
- Professional and technical reference books and manuals
- Technical information and specialized transportation research assistance
- Interlibrary loan services for items not found in the ODOT Library
- Online access to standards and journals (ODOT employees only), and databases for research assistance
- Study guides and resources for FE and PE exams
- Reference materials, including Oregon Laws (1911-current), Oregon Blue Book (1911-current), and ODOT biennial and annual reports
The library is part of the ODOT Research Section, located at the Mill Creek Building in Salem.