The Health Licensing Office (HLO) created the Tools for Schools page to facilitate the certification process for graduating students. Our goal is to help qualified candidates obtain certification as quickly as possible so they can start working.
HLO and the Board of Electrologists and Body Art Practitioners require the following information to be on each transcript received for students. Transcripts must be sent to HLO directly from the Oregon educational institution (private career school, community college or high school). If the following information is not provided, the transcript will not be accepted:
- Student's name, address and birth date
- School name and address
- School license number
- School seal or notary stamp
- Total hours of instruction
- Enrollment date and any prior enrollment dates or transferred hours (enclose transcripts from previous school[s])
- Graduation date
- Withdrawal date if applicable
- Authorized signatures listed on the "Authorized Representative Form" filed with office
Fax transcripts to 503-370-9004. Schools can also submit official transcripts via email. School representatives can contact the Office at 503-378-8667 to request the Authorized Representatives for Official Transcripts Form.
Under Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 331-900-0000 12(a), 331-905-0000 11(a), 331-910-0000 10(a) and 331-915-0000 10(a), only authorized school personnel may submit completed official transcripts.
Exam reports by school
HECC-approved tattoo schools