Hazardous waste technical assistance available from DEQ is non-regulatory in nature and is available free in the form of on-site visits, training workshops and telephone consultations.
On-site visits are conveniently scheduled and will:
- Identify where you may save money through reduced disposal costs and less regulation.
- Explain the hazardous waste regulations that apply to your business.
- Help you determine what areas need improvement.
- Request feedback on any changes you make as a result of the visit.
- Ensure that you will not be inspected while receiving technical assistance.
For additional information how you can benefit from on-site technical assistance visit, see
You may also contact DEQ by telephone. Callers may remain anonymous. We will provide you prompt responses to your questions, fact sheets and resource guides.
To contact DEQ to schedule an on-site visit or receive telephone assistance, please contact the DEQ regional office nearest you:
Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Multnomah, Tillamook, and Washington Counties.
- David Kunz, 503-229-5336, Portland
- Pete Anderson, 503-229-5070, Portland
Benton, Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties.
- Bart Collinsworth, 503-378-5071, Salem
Baker, Crook, Deschutes, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Hood River, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, and Wheeler Counties.
- Brian Allen, 541-633-2014, Bend