The Oregon Environmental Quality Commission is a five-member panel appointed by the governor of Oregon for four-year terms to serve as the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality's policy and rulemaking board. In addition to adopting rules, the commission also establishes policies, issues orders, judges appeals of fines or other DEQactions, and appoints the DEQ director.
On February 14, the commission selected Richard Whitman to serve as DEQ's permanent director.
2017 upcoming meetings
- April 19-20, 2017. Wellspring Conference Center, 1475 Mt. Hood Avenue, Woodburn
- Agenda and supporting materials
- Wednesday, 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Informational and discussion session only
- Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Workshop for the Water Quality Permitting Program updates (as postponed from January)
- June 21-22, 2017. Location TBD
- August 16-17, 2017. Location TBD
- November 15-16, 2017. Location TBD