Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths, and Injuries
The STEADI toolkit
is a comprehensive and easy-to-use resource designed to help healthcare providers incorporate fall risk assessment and proven interventions into their clinical practice.
The toolkit contains provider resources including:
- Fact sheets
- Training materials such as case studies
- A chart to help different types of practices incorporate falls prevention
- Suggestions about how to talk with patients about falls
- Assessment tools for three gait and balance tests
- Patient education brochures
- Pocket guide for providers which includes a flowchart outlining the most important steps in assessing and managing fall risk in older patients.
Important announcement for Oregon physicians!
The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) and American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) have approved the CDC STEADI Fall Prevention Quality Improvement Program for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV credit. Oregon Health Authority has resources to help you implement all aspects of STEADI, including provider education, print and electronic materials, data collection, and reporting requirements. View the ABFM and ABIM information (PDF). The ABFM material is currently being developed. Contact Lisa Shields for more information.
Lisa Shields, Program Coordinator
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 730
Portland, OR 97232