In Oregon, there is one-time mandatory 7 hours of CE on Pain Management for new Occupational Therapists due within 2 years of licensure. This includes a mandatory 1-hour free pain management module plus 6 additional hours on pain.
This is a legislative requirement of certain health professionals in Oregon. The 2007 legislature passed a bill adding Occupational Therapists to the list of health care professionals that the Pain Management Commission requires to have one time Pain Management CE.
6/16/17 - NOTE: THE PAIN COMMISSION UPDATED THEIR REQUIRED MODULE AND DID NOT INCLUDE A PRINTABLE COMPLETION CERTFICATE. WE HAVE CONTACT THEM ABOUT THIS. PLEASE CHECK BACK.
Go to the Pain Commission for more information:
Link to the required Pain Management module:
Link to additional courses on pain:
· Keep certificates so you have them if you are audited for CE.
· Any Pain CE classes on the Pain commission web site count including online classes.
· This is a one-time requirement.
· The 7 hours are included in the required 30 points of CE required for renewals.
· All new applicants have two years to complete the requirement. We will check at the next renewal period to confirm the Pain requirement is done.
· Pain CE taken as a student does not count - you must be a licensed OT and complete the requirement.
· After you complete the requirement send an e-mail to OTLB.Info@state.or.us giving the name of the class(es) you took, and date completed, the number of CE points and who it was given by. We will record the information in the database and send you back a confirmation that you have completed the one-time requirement.