What is portability?
After receiving an approval for a background check through the Background Check Unit (BCU), some subject individuals (SIs) have Portability.
- An SI with Portability may use this background check approval for other positions and placements which require a background check under BCU's statutes and administrative rules.
- With Portability, the SI may be hired or placed immediately after a qualified entity designee (QED) enters a background check application into
ORCHARDS and gets confirmation that the SI is already eligible.
Who can get portability?
Portability is only available for specific providers and positions:
- Nursing facilities and skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities and residential care facilities
- Adult foster homes licensed in Oregon for:
- Seniors and individuals with physical disabilities through ODHS Aging and People with Disabilities,
- Adults with developmental disabilities through ODHS Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services
- Adults with behavioral health disorders through OHA Health Services Division, Behavioral Services
- Homecare workers and personal support workers for seniors, developmental disabilities clients, and behavioral health clients
- All DD adult and child facilities, organizations and providers (with the exception of employees and volunteers at community DD programs and DD brokerages)
In-Home Care Agency portability
- There is a separate portability group just of in-home care agencies that have a Medicaid contract to provide services to ODHS clients.
- In this group, if an SI is approved to work for one in-home care agency, they will be immediately hirable for another in-home care agency.
If you need support or have questions, concerns or feedback, please email the LTCR Coordinator