As a new Oregon resident, within 30 days you must:
You can also:
You can transfer your motorcycle-endorsed license without testing if it was issued by:
- Another U.S. state;
- The District of Columbia;
- A Territory of the U.S.; or
- A Canadian Province.
Be sure to tell us that you want to keep your endorsement when you apply for your driver license.
As a visitor, you can legally drive in Oregon if you have a valid driver license from:
- Any U.S. State or territory
- The District of Columbia
- A Canadian Province or another country
You are considered a visitor if:
- Your permanent residence is outside Oregon;
- You are in the military stationed in Oregon;
- You are attending school in Oregon and are paying non-resident tuition; or
- You do not plan to take any steps to become a resident of Oregon.