Upcoming Board Meeting:
April 18-19, 2024- Regular Board Meeting webconference
Public Session | 8:30 AM
2022 Annual Performance Progress Report
Annual Performance Progress Report
Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board voted to approve the proposed temporary rule changes to 875-040-0010 Certification of Technicians. These rule amendments were unanimously approved during the public Board meeting conducted on December 1, 2023.
(6) CET certificate holders will need to be recertified every 5 years in the form of a proficiency assessment done by an Oregon licensed veterinarian and submitted to the Board within 120 days of the CET certificate renewal. A failure to provide the proficiency assessment by the 120th day after renewal may result in revocation of the CET certificate.
(7) All CET certificates expire on October 31st of each year and are in effect for one calendar year.
(8) Certificate renewal fee is $15.
(9) Annual verification of employment or volunteer status must come directly from the organization the CET is employed or volunteers with.
(10) Failure to renew or provide verification of employment or volunteer status will result in a lapse and euthanasia duties may not be conducted until the certificate is reinstated.
Copies of the temporaryrule filings which became
permanent effective 12/13/23 can be found here: Temporary Filing for 875-040-0010
Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board voted to approve the proposed rule changes to OAR 875-040-0010 Certification of Technicians. These rule amendments were unanimously approved during the public Board meeting conducted on February 24, 2023.
OAR 875-040-0010 was amended to allow a Certified Euthanasia Technician (CET) Intern to obtain the required hands on training with any licensed DVM or CET. This will give the interns additional options for obtaining the required hands on training.
Copies of the permanent rule filings which became permanent effective 03/01/23 as well as an updated and current copy of OAR 875 effective 03/01/23 can be found here: Notice of Proposed Rule Amendment OAR 875 03_01_23
Staff will no longer be proving letters of good standing. Our online system provides the official Oregon verification for licenses regulated by our office and is updated in real time. The verification system is available to the public, at no charge, and can be accessed by visiting https://ovmeb.us.thentiacloud.net/webs/ovmeb/register/# . The system allows for individual verification searches, as well as the ability to download lists of professionals. The printable verification will provide information about the license including the date the verification was generated, the initial date of licensure, the expiration date, and any discipline information. The online system is the only primary source license verification system available. Oregon will not complete state-specific forms or complete verifications manually.
Additionally, online verifications from other states are acceptable as the primary source of verification.