New version of the Oregon ePermitting App available for both Android & iOS on App stores - Training dates and information below.
The Oregon ePermitting website allows licensed contractors to apply for building permits with just a few clicks of a mouse! Participation by cities or counties is voluntary and each participating city or county determines which permits are available for sale online. To see a list of participating cities and counties visit the Participating Jurisdictions page.
In order to make the inspection process as simple and convenient as possible the Oregon Building Codes Division created a mobile App called the Oregon ePermitting App. The app is available to the public on both the Apple and Android App stores and is specifically for the inspection process after a permit is issued by a local jurisdiction that participates in the ePermitting program. The app only works work with the Accela ePermitting website and jurisdictions that use the system.
The current Oregon Inspection Request app has been upgraded and renamed the Oregon ePermitting app. We have been adding and testing new tools and features on this app and with all of the upgrades, it has moved past being just an inspection scheduling tool.
The new and improved
Oregon ePermitting App:
- Allows live video inspections between an inspector and the customer. Customers will be prompted to confirm their location before the video inspection begins.
- Allows customers, when requested, to upload pictures directly to their inspection for inspector review. Pictures are tagged with location data to allow for site location verification.
- Allows live messaging between the customer and the inspector that has been assigned the inspection without having to look up contact information.
- Delivers automatic notifications via the app when an inspection is resulted. Customers only have to search for the permit once to receive notifications. Customers will also receive notifications about future app updates and training opportunities.
- Provides all previous inspections and results in chronological order.
- Hosts instructional documents via a Document Hub that is accessed via a new Menu feature.
- Provides a direct link to the ePermitting Help Page with contact information and instructional how-to videos on using the app.
- Saves user contact information and autofill’s that information when requesting an inspection.
Virtual Training Dates
To schedule virtual training on the new App please email Jerod Broadfoot at Jerod.A.Broadfoot@dcbs.Oregon.gov.
Trainings can be scheduled Monday - Thursday from 7am to 4pm and average about 30 minutes.
In-Person Training Dates
Oregon ePermitting App Training in Bend
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Deschutes Services Building - First Floor - DeArmond Room
1300 NW Wall Street, Bend, OR 97703
Can’t make it in person? Join on your computer or mobile device
Meeting ID: 273 796 898 582 Passcode: v9K4zq
For questions or assistance please contact Jerod Broadfoot, BCD ePermitting Training & Outreach Coordinator, via email at
or by phone at 541-240-1256.