Publishing & Distribution strives to be sure customers understand how to best use our services. Below are some resources that will provide helpful information.
Use the filters and/or seach bar to find the information you need. For additional information, please contact your Customer Relations Management representative (CRM) at 503-373-1700.
- Certified mail preparation guideThe certified mail preparation guide provides a step-by-step example of how to correctly complete the certified mail form and return receipt card.
- Compressing files or foldersLearn how to create a zipped folder to compress files or folders.
- Converting RGB colors to CMYKRed, green and blue (RGB) colors must be converted to Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK) colors for printing. Doing the conversion yourself is best.
- Converting spot colors to CMYKPantone spot colors are inks printed separately from your traditional process colors: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK). Unnecessary spot colors in your file could cost extra if you do not convert them before sending your file to print.
- Creating a document with bleedsIf you would like your file to print to the edges without a white border the design needs to extend beyond the document edge, leaving room to trim to the desired finish size.
- Creating a PDF from Microsoft Word 2007Simple steps to convert your Microsoft Word 2007 document into a print-ready PDF file.
- Creating a PDF from Microsoft Word 2013Simple steps to convert your Mircosoft Word 2013 document into a print-ready PDF file.
- Creating database address filesSave time and money by setting up your database address files correctly for mailing jobs or personalized documents using variable data.
- Embedding fonts in a PDF using Microsoft Word 2007Find out how to keep your Microsoft Word 2007 file looking as desired by embedding fonts before creating a print-ready PDF. By doing this no font substitutions will occur.
- Embedding fonts in a PDF using Microsoft Word 2013Find out how to keep your Microsoft Word 2013 file looking as desired by embedding fonts before creating a print-ready PDF. By doing this no font substitutions will occur.
- Folding, binding and self-mailersThis guide shows examples of common brochure folds, standard types of binding and self-mailer requirements.
- Guidelines and procedures for suspicious mail Oregon Department of Administrative Services guidelines and procedures on the handling of suspicious mail items.
- Guidelines for unknown substances in the workplaceA guide to help state agencies deal with unknown substances of uncertain origin in their workplaces.
- In-house printing standard turnaround timesIn-house turnaround times are based on print-ready orders submitted prior to 2 p.m. and the number of impressions (copies) P&D will print.
- Interagency shuttle routes Publishing & Distribution offers interagency shuttle service, with optional PacTrac tracking service. This Microsoft Excel file is updated regularly.
- Mail preparation guide and request for mailing formThe mail preparation guide provides examples of how to correctly sort, separate and bundle your mail for metering. It also gives instructions on how to complete the certified mail form and return receipt card. This guide also includes the request for mailing form.
- Mail services - Mailroom poster (printable)This self-service printable poster should be posted in all mailrooms to serve as a detailed guide on how to complete the request for mailing form.
- Mail services - Request for mailing (form)All mail must be sorted, separated and bundled into categories. Label each bundle with this request for mailing form.
- Mail services guideThis complete guide includes helpful information on all Publishing & Distribution's mail services including production mail, inserting, presorting, addressing, interagency shuttle delivery, PacTrac and more.
- National change of address service (NCOA)Supply your database address files to Publishing & Distribution electronically and we can help keep your addresses current using the NCOA service.
- Our services - Publishing & DistributionUse Publishing & Distribution's services guide to find out more about who we are and what we do.
- Print definitionsPublishing & Distribution's guide to printing terms and definitions.
- Ready to mail? - Mail preparation guideThe mail preparation guide provides examples of how to correctly sort, separate and bundle your mail for metering.
- Saving graphics and images for printingCrisp, clear images enhance your printed design. Knowing how to determine if your images are the right size and resolution is important.
- State Library Document Depository - How ToShip 10 copies of a print order directly to the State Library Document Depository.