Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Department of Early Learning and Care

ERDC Providers

Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) is a subsidy program that pays part of the child care costs for families who are working, in school or receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) including registration fees

This page is for current ERDC child care providers and people who want to start providing child care to families who have ERDC.

Become an ERDC provider

To become an ERDC child care provider, you must:

Five reasons to become an ERDC provider

Materials and forms

Provider Guide

This guide is for current ERDC providers and people who want to provide child care for families who receive ERDC benefits. 

Provider Listing Form

This form is for people who want to be paid by DELC to provide child care through ERDC. Note: You need to be listed and approved by DELC before you start providing child care to families who receive ERDC benefits. The effective date for DELC payment can't be earlier than the date you are approved by DELC.

Administrative Hearing Request Form

If you disagree with a decision made by DELC, use this form to request a hearing.

Provider Report Form

Use this form to report changes. You can also report changes by calling 800-699-9074 or by emailing

Billing and payments

As an ERDC provider, you will be paid by the Direct Pay Unit of the Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC). Families who pay a copay to cover part of the child care cost will pay their copay directly to you.

The amount you receive is based on:

  • The child's age
  • Your location in Oregon
  • The type of child care
  • The number of care hours needed

There is a limit to how much DELC will pay. If you charge more than the maximum rate DELC will pay, the family must cover the additional cost.

Contact the Direct Pay Unit

Requirements for license exempt providers

License exempt child care providers need to meet training and safety requirements before they can provide child care and get paid through ERDC. License exempt means you are not required to be licensed to provide child care by the Child Care Licensing Division (CCLD).

License exempt providers must:

  • Complete a background check
  • Take training
    • This includes pre-service health and safety trainings, orientation, and ongoing training.
    • Some training requirements are waived if you only provide care for children you are related to.
  • Pass a site visit
    • You don't need to do this if you only provide care for children you are related to.
  • Test drinking water for lead
    • You don't need to do this if you only provide care for children you are related to.

Note: If you care for at least one child who is not a relative, you must meet all the requirements above without exception. By federal definition, a relative may be a:

  • Grandparent
  • Great-grandparent
  • Aunt or uncle
  • Sibling not living in the home

To be considered a relative you must be related by blood, marriage or legal adoption.

return to top

Site visits

License exempt providers must pass an initial site visit before approval. You must also pass a site visit yearly after that.

  • The Child Care Licensing Division (CCLD) will contact you to schedule yearly site visits or may do the site visit at your next re-evaluation.
  • Visits will happen at the place where you provide child care. This includes the home of the child if that is where you are providing care.
  • CCLD staff check to make sure the site meets all health and safety requirements. They can also provide resources if needed.
  • Read through the checklist and make sure you meet the requirements before the visit.

Drinking water lead testing

Lead exposure is harmful to child development. Testing for lead protects children from exposure to lead in water.

Your home or the facility where you provide care must be tested for lead exposure in water unless you are related to all the children in your care. Lead testing is required for all plumbing fixtures used for drinking, cooking, or preparing food or infant formula.

  • You can order lead testing kits from an ORELAP approved lab.
  • Once you get the results back, attach them to your Child Care Provider Listing form and submit them together. If you don't submit results, the DELC Direct Pay Unit will send you instructions.
  • If the results show high levels of lead, the Child Care Licensing Division (CCLD) will contact you with more instructions.
  • You need to pass the lead testing or submit a corrective action plan to remain approved as an DELC child care provider.
  • If you use only bottled water for drinking, cooking and preparing infant formula at the location where you provide care, you can complete a Declaration for Bottled Water Use form to be exempt from lead testing. Submit the form with your Child Care Provider Listing form.

Lead testing guidance

Reimbursement for lead testing

The Department of Early Learning and Care can reimburse you for lead testing. To be reimbursed, you must:

  • Complete and submit the Lead Testing Reimbursement Form:
  • Complete a W-9:
  • Send completed forms to:
    • TRI Central Coordination of CCR&R
      Western Oregon University
      345 Monmouth Ave N
      Monmouth, OR 97361

Questions about lead testing