Skip to the main content of the page

Runaway and Homeless Youth

​​Provider Map (09.2020).jpg​​

service providers expansion 2021​ 

Child Welfare Independent Living Program (ILP)
Helps youth who are, or were, in foster care to become self-sufficient adults. Gives an opportunity to learn valuable skills necessary to make a successful transition from state or tribal custody to living independently in the community. Youth may also be eligible for funds for continuing education and assistance with housing. For more information, visit the Higher Education and Financial Aid and the Services and Eligibility web pages. Additional supports for youth during COVID-19 can be found on the Child Welfare COVID-19 Resource page.

Individuals who are homeless can see a local homeless service provider or organization to get help ordering their Oregon birth certificate free of charge. This program is supported by one-time funds, so please apply for birth certificate help as quickly as possible. Future funding for the program will need to be authorized by Oregon legislators.

Food Resources
Information about food assistance programs.

Former Foster Care Youth Medical Program Coverage (PDF)
Young adults who have aged out of Oregon’s foster care system or Oregon Tribal foster care and residing in Oregon are eligible to enroll in the Former Foster Care Youth Medical Program.

SNAP Food Benefit Assistance
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers food benefits to eligible, low-income individuals.