Oregon Department of Human Services

​Online Records Requests ​

Out-of-State Child Welfare Agency Requests

​​Effective 3/16/2020, out-of-state child welfare agency requests must be submitted on your agency letterhead to: RecReq.ORChildHot@dhsoha.state.or.us

Response During COVID-19

Due to resource constraints and competing priorities associated with the Department of Human Services (DHS) response to the COVID-19 pandemic, DHS anticipates it will take longer than normal to process many public records requests for the foreseeable future. This will be the case for any requests that cannot be completed by teleworking employees, or that would require attention by employees that are currently diverted to help mitigate the current emergency. DHS strives to complete our response within the statutory timeframes; however, it has become impracticable at this time for DHS to do so because of the reasons stated above. DHS plans on sending a response to your request as soon as practicable and without unreasonable delay upon the availability of staff to do so, and their return to work in our offices, in compliance with ORS 192.329(6) and (8). Please note that due to staff telecommuting we can only respond to requests via email at this time and all other formats will be delayed. 

Current and former DHS clients MediaRecords200px.png PublicRecords200px.png

Other Forms and Resources 


Contact Us

Questions about records requests?
DHS Public Records Unit
500 Summer Street NE, E-62
Salem, OR 97303
Phone: 503-945-5617