Office of Workforce Investments
The Office of Workforce Investments (OWI) is focused on employment opportunities, skill attainment, and work-related training statewide. OWI is a collaboration between the HECC and the Oregon Employment Department, and is responsible for convening partnerships in the workforce system, supporting and providing technical assistance to the Workforce and Talent Development Board (WTDB) and Local Workforce Development Boards, and implementing the Governor's vision and the WTDB strategic plan.
The HECC is the administrative entity for federally funded programs authorized by the U.S. Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), including the WIOA Youth, Adult, Dislocated Worker programs and Federal Discretionary grants, providing programmatic and fiscal oversight and accountability, as well as policy direction and technical assistance to state and local partners.
The OWI also administers and supports:
- The STEM Investment Council, supporting STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) education initiatives
- Oregon Volunteers, supporting statewide service and volunteer efforts, and providing funds for the state-based AmeriCorps program
- The Oregon Youth Conservation Corps (OYCC), providing grant funding, training and resources to youth serving agencies
For comprehensive information on our work, see:
Our office is led by:
- Karen Humelbaugh, Director
Office of Workforce Investments Top
* An asterisk indicates a position that is either temporary, limited duration, or a job rotation.