COVID-19 Online Information and Resources:
The following are online resources to assist and guide you as you in making an informed and responsible decisions and determinations of how to proceed with providing massage services during this time.
Oregon Health Authority's COVID -19
OHA's website is the best resource to track the latest Oregon news and guidelines on COVID-19. You may sign up for email updates through the site to ensure that you receive the most recent news and regular email updates from OHA.
Among the many resources provided are information articles and flyers specific to Healthcare Providers, Individuals and Families, and more.
Governor Kate Brown's COVID -19 Resource Page
The Governor's Office Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information and Resources
Governor Kate Brown's office has launched a webpage addressing the COVID-19 outbreak, including state and federal updates, Frequently Asked Questions, and more.
The Governor's Office Newsroom
Visit the Governor's newsroom webpage for the latest press releases and statements.
Your Local Public Health Dept.
Your local Public Health Dept. may be able to provide specific and relevant information regarding COVID-19 news in your community.
A directory of Oregon county health departments can be found here.
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
The CDC has information on what's happening in the U.S. with the virus. The site offers information and recommendations specific to practitioners, including self-care during the outbreak and infection control procedures. The site provides a sign up for CDC email updates.
Your Liability Insurance Carrier
Your Insurance Carrier should be able to provide guidance specific to practicing massage or providing client services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2020 RULES SUSPENSION
***UPDATED September 16, 2020***
Effective March 24, 2020 through December 31, 2020:
- Completed Renewal Applications remain due on the 1st of an LMT’s birth month.
However, late fees will be waived through December 31, 2020, allowing Licensees additional time to renew their license without a penalty.d
Please note: the suspension of the late fees required by OAR 334-010-0015 will expire on December 31, 2020. At this time, the late fee will be reinstated effective January 1, 2021. LMTs due to renew January 2021 and later will be assessed late fees if a completed renewal is not received by the 1st day of an LMT’s renewal month
- LMTs who do not complete the renewal application by the last day of their birth month will lapse. This rule has not been suspended or waived.
- The number of required CE hours is reduced from 25 hours to 12 hours for completed renewal applications received in the Board office between March 24, 2020, to December 31, 2020, only. ORS 687.051 (5) requires renewal applicants to complete a minimum of 12 CE hours. The Board is unable to waive or suspend statutory requirements, and unable to reduce the minimum hours to less than the 12 hours required by statute.
Please note: Renewal Applications submitted after December 31, 2020, or incomplete renewal applications submitted prior to December 31, 2020 and not completed by that date must complete the 25 CE hours, including a minimum of 15 contact hours, as required by OAR 334-010-0015.
- The requirement of “contact” or “classroom” hours is waived until December 31, 2020. The 12 required CE hours may be contact, non-contact, or both.
- The one hour Cultural Competency CE is a statutory requirement under ORS 413.450 and must be completed. The Cultural Competency may be completed as either a “non contact” or a “contact” CE course, and may be applied towards the 12 required CE hours.
- The Pain Management Module, provided by the Oregon Pain Management Commission (OPMC), available on the Board’s website, remains a requirement and must be completed. The Pain Management Module may be counted as 1 hour of non-contact towards the 12 hour CE requirement.
- Current Basic Life Support certification at the time of renewal remains a requirement. The BLS course can be “in-person” or completed online, and the hours spent obtaining BLS Certification may be counted towards the 12 required CE hours.
- The 4 hour Ethics, Boundaries, and Communication requirement is suspended for completed renewal applications received between March 24, 2020, and December 31, 2020. Renewal applications received during this time period do not have to include four hours of Ethics, Boundaries, or Communication.
- Renewal Applications submitted after December 31, 2020, including incomplete renewal applications submitted prior to December 31, 2020 and not completed by December 31, 2020, must complete the 25 CE hours required by OAR 334-010-0015, including a minimum of 15 contact hours, and the Ethics, Boundaries, and Communication requirement.
2019 Holiday Closure