An applicant must state on the application whether he/she has ever been arrested for or convicted of a crime exclusive of minor traffic offenses. Those who have been arrested must provide a copy of the arrest record, a copy of the judgment, a copy of the settlement of the judgment and a statement of explanation. An arrest record and/or conviction may result in denial of licensure.
As of January 1, 2012 all new applicants applying for their initial license, all licensees applying to reinstate a lapsed license or inactive license, and all licensees under investigation are required to submit fingerprint for a criminal background check. Below are the steps you will want to follow:
To Schedule an appointment for electronic fingerprinting, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.FieldprintOregon.com
- Click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button.
- Enter an email address under “New Users/Sign Up” and click the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then click “Sign Up and Continue”.
- Enter this Fieldprint Code: FPORMassTherapistsDAS
- Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing.
- At the end of the process, print the Confirmation Page. Take the Confirmation Page with you to your fingerprint appointment, along with two forms of identification.
Fingerprinting facilities are available nationwide for you to conveniently obtain your Electronic Fingerprints. Fingerprint facilities generally charge a fee of $12.50 for the service.
A $41.25 criminal background processing fee must be paid to the Board prior to becoming licensed or reactivating your license (Your fingerprints will not be processed without this fee being paid). Payment should be made to the OBMT. This fee is non-refundable.