Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Department of Human Services Search Site

Resources for Youth Experiencing Homelessness

If you need help...

Go to the 211info website or download their mobile app to find services near you. If you are thinking about running away or already have, you can call 800-RUNAWAY talk to someone confidentially (800-786-2929).

Youth sheltersNational Runaway SafelineResourcesService providers Information for partners


Tuition and Fee Waivers
Help paying for school tuition and fees for young people who don't have a stable place to live and who meet certain conditions. 

End of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
Learn how your food and health care benefits may be affected.

Food resources
How to find food pantries or pick up sites, and other food programs.

SNAP food benefits
SNAP provides monthly food benefits to help pay for groceries. You don't need a permanent address to qualify for SNAP. Read this FAQ to learn more.  

Transition services for youth in foster care
If you are or were in foster care, you can get help making the transition to independence. You may be able to get help paying for continuing education, housing and other needs.

Health insurance for former foster youth
If you have aged out of foster care in Oregon, you can get health insurance coverage while you are 18 to 25 years old through the Former Foster Care Youth Medical Program.

Free birth certificate
If you are currently homeless, you can get help to order a free copy of your birth certificate.