Tips for Faster Phone Service
- For general service, be ready to give the DMV customer service representative, your:
- driver license number;
- license plate number; or
- vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Have paper and pen ready to take down requirements or other information the customer service representative may give you.
- When verifying if we have received your overnight documents or payments consult the carrier's Web site by entering your tracking number at FedEx, DHL, USPS, or UPS before or instead of calling.
- For directions to your local DMV office refer to the Driving Directions section of the Web page for the specific office that you are interested in visiting before or instead of calling.
- When ordering a copy of your driving record please remember that DMV cannot send you a copy without first receiving payment; you must go to
DMV2U or visit a DMV office to order and pay for your records.
Submit an online inquiry or comment that pertains to:
Drivers/IDs - Licenses, permits and ID cards
*Due to high volume, response time is 2 - 4 days.
Vehicles - Registration, title, plates, renewal notices, forms and permits. *Due to high volume, response time is 2 - 4 days.
Online Services - All online forms and transactions.
Records - All records, privacy and protected information.
DMV Phone Service - Issues contacting DMV by phone.
Local DMV Office Experiences - Quality of service received at a local DMV office.
Business Regulation - Dealers and other businesses.
DMV Fraud Prevention Unit - Report allegations of DMV fraud including but not limited to Vehicle Title and/or Registration, Driver License or Identification Card transactions.
DMV2U Email Fraud Report - Report receipt of unrequested DMV2U codes.
Hours of Operation
DMV Call Centers are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Hours of operation at local DMV offices vary by location. All DMV locations are closed on
statewide holidays and for other required closures