Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Odometer Disclosure

If your vehicle is model year 2011 or newer and under 20 years old, you must have an odometer disclosure.

You do NOT need an odometer disclosure for:

  • Vehicles not manufactured with an odometer;
  • Vehicles model years 2010 or older;
  • Vehicles that are not self-propelled, such as trailers or campers;
  • Vehicles with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating over 16,000 pounds;
  • Class 1 ATVs;
  • Snowmobiles; and
  • Title transfers when at least one owner is staying on the title.

The seller and buyer of a vehicle must complete the odometer disclosure using:

  • The space on the back of the title; or
  • A Secure Odometer Disclosure form (contact DMV to request the form be mailed to you).

If you bought a 2011 or newer vehicle and the title is lost or destroyed, the seller must get a replacement title.  The odometer reading can be disclosed on the back of the new title. 

Kilometers or Miles
If you list kilometers, DMV will convert the reading to miles on your title.

Broken Odometer

If the:

  • Digital odometer display is blank, note that the odometer is "not readable."
  • Odometer is stuck and is no longer working, provide the odometer reading and note the mileage is "not actual."
An odometer brand of "not readable" or "not actual" cannot be removed from the title.

Odometer Rolled Over

Provide the odometer reading as it appears and indicate that it has “rolled over.”
For example, if your odometer has space for five digits and the odometer reading went from 99999 to 00003, you would record the odometer reading as "00003" and note that it has rolled over.

Secure Power of Attorney

You can only use a secure power of attorney to disclose odometer if the title is lost, destroyed, mutilated, or held by a security interest holder. Contact DMV for further information.