Skip to main content

Online Store Help

Background: In 2015, the Marine Board migrated to a web-based online store for all boating transactions (permits, licenses, registration renewals, boater education cards). An account was created for every boat registration in the old system. Boaters were mailed a user name and PIN to get started in the online store. Every two years (registration cycle), boaters are mailed a NEW PIN to access their online account. If you have used the online store in the past and set up a user name and password, you can log in using your existing credentials. 

Why do we go to this much trouble? For cyber-security.  

If it’s your first time doing an online motorboat transaction, you’ll need to finish setting up your account, which includes selecting a password and setting up security questions. Your account will also be tied to your email and date of birth, in addition to your boat or other transaction types.  

Using the online store, you have two options from the landing page (see graphic below, which is also on the back of your renewal notice). For basic, single boat registration renewal, click on the “Boat Renewal Tab.” 

For any other type of transaction, such as purchasing a Waterway Access Permit, Boater Education Card, or Replacement Card OR to renew multiple motorboat registrations, select the “Account” tab to get started. Then under the Login button, click on the link for "Don't Have an Account? Register" link.

Once you’re in the system, click “Online Services” in the upper right-hand corner of the page and select the transaction you want to complete. The agency accepts VISA, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards. Once your credit card information is processed, you will be able to print out a receipt which also acts as a temporary permit so you can use your boat right away. Registration decals, Certificate of Number (OR#), boater education cards, etc. will be mailed and can take anywhere from 7-days to three weeks to receive, and sometimes longer during the summer months depending on volume. Please keep any printouts and your cell phone in a water-tight protective container or Dry Pak to show marine law enforcement. 

NOTE: Waterway Access Permits (formerly Aquatic Invasive Species Permits) are also sold through ODFW’s Electronic Licensing System. Verify which system you’re using to purchase permits. They are not the same and require different account verifications. ODFW also charges a $2 transaction fee.

If you get a "locked out" message, open a new browser window and/or clear your browser history.

Log in options

 Help with the Online Store

​Click the link "Forgot Password or Forgot UserID" on the landing page to recover your account. If this is unsuccessful or you get stuck, call 503-378-8587 and ask for online help with your password. You can also email at​ and add "forgot my user name and password."​

​See the graphic above. There are two ways to log in depending on what type of transaction you need to complete. 

Your userID and password are either something you set up yourself or something the system generated for you on a mailed renewal reminder notice. If you are unsure of what your userID and password is, you can either contact the Marine Board via email at​ or you can click the Forgot Password or Forgot UserID links.

​If you're locked out, clear your browsing history/cache. This will reset the connection and allow you to log back in. If you're accessing our store on a tablet or smart phone, ensure the app is CLOSED, not just minimized. The best way to ensure this is to restart your device.​

​Click on “Online Services" in the upper right hand corner of your screen. This will bring down a drop down menu that lists the different transactions you can complete on your account. Make a selection and the application will load.

If you don't see a transaction option you need, please call the Marine Board at 503-378-8587 or email and add your question in the subject line.​

​You either have multiple accounts or the boat is listed in a co-owner's name. For further assistance, call the Marine Board at 503-378-8587 or email​ and add your question to the subject line. 

If you have a co-owner, the boat may be listed under their account instead. Please check their account before contacting the Marine Board at 503-378-8587 or email​ and add your question to the subject line. ​.

​Click on “Online Services” and under "Vessel Transactions," click the link that says "Boat Registration Renewal." It will list all vessels associated with the account you’re logged into.

​If your account is being accessed for the first time, be sure to set up security questions so that you can get access in case you are locked out for any reason. Then, change your temporary password to a secure password that you can remember.

​It could be that you're on another website ( The Marine Board doesn't archive accounts. Please visit our online store at​ to complete a transaction with the Marine Board.

​Your browser may be auto-filling in a field. Please delete this information and try entering the correct userID or password.

​You can either log in individually using each PIN and check out that way, or you can log in with your account using a userID and password and take care of it all in one transaction.​

​You can renew your boats online and buy waterway access permits through our online store at​, but you'll need to pay for them as separate transactions. Pay the invoice, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select the next transaction type. Add to cart and pay the invoice.

For a list of required equipment and permits, please visit our Required Equipment page.

​If you're resetting your password, please use the password that Marine Board staff provided you so you can access your account. If you don't have this information anymore, please call the Marine Board again at 503-378-8587  or email​ and add your question to the subject line. ​.

There are a number of registration agents​ around the state who can assist you. One of our staff can walk you through an online transaction using the Boat Oregon Store​ to help you get comfortable and may be able to assist you further.

​No. The Waterway Access Permit process will be the same as the former Aquatic Invasive Species Permit process.

Easy! Go to the Boat Oregon Store​, click "Online Services" and select "Boat Rental Business Registration."

Log into your online store account and click "View Waterway Access Permits" to print your permits at any time.


Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how