IMPORTANT RENEWAL INFORMATION
The renewal portal is now open. To renew your license:
1. Go to https://ovmeb.us.thentiacloud.net/webs/ovmeb/service/#/login Use the e-mail on file and password to login. (Trouble logging on? Please read below)
2. Click on License Renewal. This is a DVM continuing education reporting year. All DVM licensees, please remember to enter at least 30 hours of continuing education. Please note that section "5" of the renewal states:
Licensees wishing to renew their license must complete the minimum required number of CE hours every two years.
The current certification period for Veterinarians is January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2020. The number of hours required for Veterinarians during this time period is 30 hours. Veterinarians must submit documentation of their continuing education by December 31, 2020."
This should read: The current certification period for Veterinarians is January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022. The number of hours required for Veterinarians during this time period is 30 hours. Veterinarians must submit documentation of their continuing education by December 31, 2022."
3. Go through the renewal process and pay via credit or debit card. If you wish to pay with a check please click on “pay with check" and send in your payment with a check or money order with your license number and note indicating it is for your 2023 renewal. Please note that your application will not be approved until we receive and process payment.
Common Issues and Questions
- I forgot my password: Click on “forgot password" be sure to check your junk folder as it is commonly sent to junk mail.
- I know where I was born, my secret question is not working: this is case sensitive. If you initially made your secret answer “OregOn" you must capitalize the “O's".
- The renewal did not prompt me to enter CE: After you submit the renewal go back to the main screen and click on “continuing education" to the left. 30 hours is due.
- I submitted my renewal, where is my confirmation? Once you submit your renewal staff will process it. You will receive an e-mail letting you know your renewal was approved.
- My renewal was approved, where is my license? Please log back on to the portal and click on Wallet card/wall certificate to the bottom left of the main portal screen. Copies will not be sent out.
- I need more time to complete CE. The extension for CE is March 31, 2023. If you need more time, you must complete the online renewal and enter CE you plan to complete. Once complete please log back on and enter completed CE before March 31, 2023.
- Where could I find CE on the required 1 hour of antibiotic CE? Link 1
Please note this is the only link to CE we will provide links to. All other CE must be RACE or Board approved. A link to CE requirements can be found here.
- If you need more help resetting your password, changing your e-mail, or if you have any other questions please EMAIL Bertina.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org this is the quickest way to receive a response.
2022 Annual Performance Progress Report
Annual Performance Progress Report
Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board voted to approve the proposed rule changes to OAR 875-040-0010 Certification of Technicians. These rule amendments were unanimously approved during the public Board meeting conducted on February 24, 2023.
OAR 875-040-0010 was amended to allow a Certified Euthanasia Technician (CET) Intern to obtain the required hands on training with any licensed DVM or CET. This will give the interns additional options for obtaining the required hands on training.
Copies of the permanent rule filings which became permanent effective 03/01/23 as well as an updated and current copy of OAR 875 effective 03/01/23 can be found here: Notice of Proposed Rule Amendment OAR 875 03_01_23
Staff will no longer be proving letters of good standing. Our online system provides the official Oregon verification for licenses regulated by our office and is updated in real time. The verification system is available to the public, at no charge, and can be accessed by visiting https://ovmeb.us.thentiacloud.net/webs/ovmeb/register/# . The system allows for individual verification searches, as well as the ability to download lists of professionals. The printable verification will provide information about the license including the date the verification was generated, the initial date of licensure, the expiration date, and any discipline information. The online system is the only primary source license verification system available. Oregon will not complete state-specific forms or complete verifications manually.
Additionally, online verifications from other states are acceptable as the primary source of verification.