Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Certificate Resources

Who can apply

A party interested in the certification of a water use permit or transfer final order with either: 1) a previously filed Claim of Beneficial Use (CBU) with WRD; or 2) a CBU attached to the Certificate Reimbursement Authority Estimate Application.

Basic Process Steps

  1. Applicant requests an estimate for processing of CBU and submits a $125 non-refundable fee per request.
  2. Within fourteen (14) days WRD will notify the applicant in writing of the estimates of costs and time frame for the expedited service.
  3. Applicant either rejects or accepts the estimate.  If the applicant rejects the estimate, the CBU goes back to the existing queue with other submitted CBUs.
  4. If the applicant accepts the estimate, WRD enters into contract with the applicant for expedited processing of CBU.
  5. WRD reviews file and makes final determination on CBU by issuing a certificate or an order of certification (denial – if water user fails to demonstrate beneficial use).
For more information:
Kerry Kavanagh 503-979-3208

Internet Explorer Users:

Right click on the document and click "Save as Target" to download.