Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Request Assistance

There are two types of assistance our office can provide:

  1. Informal guidance and advice about Oregon Public Records Laws under Oregon Code ORS 192.475(4).
  2. At the discretion of the Advocate, facilitated dispute resolution, also called mediation, under Oregon Code ORS 192.464 for requests to State Agencies or participating Cities that have been denied, delayed, or when a fee waiver request has not been granted.

You can contact our office by using this form or via email at Only information submitted at the request of the Advocate and for the purpose of a formal dispute resolution process may be confidential, subject to ORS 36.220 to 36.238 and ORS 192.311 to 192.478. Otherwise, information provided for guidance and advice will not be confidential. If you are concerned about keeping certain information confidential, the minimum amount of information we need to respond to your request for assistance is a way to contact you. If you have questions about confidentiality, please ask.