Skip to main content

Grow a Business

Signs of Growth

Most businesses experiencing growth either look to hire employees or move to a larger brick-and-mortar location. Sometimes, newer or larger equipment is needed. 


If you’re hiring employees, things can get complicated and expensive. There are many regulations for employers, along with new taxes and reporting requirements. Protection for workers is also required. There are several government agencies who will regulate your business. 

Get information about hiring employees in Step 6 of the the Business Xpress Startup Toolkit
Secretary of State's Employer's Guide has an easy to follow check list and tips and tricks. 


If you need money to grow into a new location or purchase new equipment, several resources exist beyond traditional bank loans. 

Information on expanding or relocating on the Business Xpress Relocate & Expand page.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get certified with the State of Oregon?
The Certification Office for Business Inclusion and Diversity (COBID)​ is the sole certifying authority for the State of Oregon and its political subdivisions. Certification is free and can help your business stand out as you seek to contract with state or local government.
Where can I get information about expansion, licensing, being an employer, taxes and financing?
​You can find information online at

If you need more information, contact our office​​.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how