South East Area Commission on Transportation
| Sign up to receive e-mail updates |
|South East ACT|
About the ACT
Area: Grant, Harney and Malheur counties and the Burns Paiute Tribe.
History: Initial charter approved by OTC on Oct. 11, 2000.
Membership: 16 voting members:
1 member of each of the Grant, Harney and Malheur county courts
1 member of the private business sector from each member county
1 member representing the cities of Grant County
1 member representing the cities of Harney County
1 member representing the cities of Malheur County
- 3 at-large members from Grant County
- 2 at-large members from Harney County
- 3 at-large members from Malheur County
- 1 representative of the Burns Paiute Tribe of Harney County
ODOT Region 5 representative
Leadership: Chair and vice-chair elected annual from voting members.
- The Oregon Transportation Commission liaison to the ACT
- Representative of the Oregon Department of Aviation
- Eastern Reional Coordinator for the Governor's Office
- Members of the Governor's Economic Revitalization Team
- State legislators representing districts in the region
- Representatives of each county road department or road district
- Representatives of regional groups such as housing advocates and law enforcement agencies
Staffing: Staffing is provided by the ODOT Region 5 representative in cooperation with the Greater Eastern Oregon Development Corporation.
Work Program: Obtain a provisional charter from the OTC authorizing SEACT as an area commission on transportation; define expectations of members of SEACT; gain understanding of ODOT organization and programs, process and funding; develop a process for identifying regional transportation needs and issues and developing proposed solutions; develop a plan/process for public involvement and educational outreach; proactively participate in the update process of the STIP; participate in all transportation planning efforts affecting the region; and assure coordination between transportation planning efforts and community development planning efforts.
Meeting Schedule: SEACT meets on the fourth Monday of each month, in conjunction with the Southeast Regional Alliance.
c/o Harney County Court
450 N. Buena Vista
P.O. Box 699
Burns, Oregon 97720
Meetings are the fourth Monday of every other month at 10 a.m. Locations vary.
Phone: (541) 276-6745
|Agendas and Minutes|
|Northwest Oregon |
Lower John Day
South Central Oregon