Our recruitment consultants include important information in each job announcement. Below is an overview of the type of information you should expect to find in our announcements.
- Classification title and working title of the position.
- Our agency name (ODOT).
- The organizational structure of the position – the division, branch, section, unit, etc.
- Where the position is located.
This section will include a summary of the position.
What’s in it for you
There are a lot of benefits to working at our agency – this section will highlight a few.
A day in the life
This section will include a list of duties and working conditions. If you would like to request a copy of the complete position description for the open position, this section will include instructions for doing so.
What we need or Minimum qualifications/Special qualifications
This section will include the minimum qualifications and any special qualifications for the position. An example of a special qualification is requiring a driver license for a position that requires travel to complete the job duties.
For a complete list of job classifications at the state of Oregon, visit:
Department of Administrative Services’ Classification & Compensation website
What we’d like to see
We post the specific scoring criteria that the hiring manager will use when reviewing applications to choose whom to move forward. If you have these qualities or attributes listed in this section, let us know by ensuring that you clearly show the specific type(s) of experience, education, skills, training, etc. in your submitted application materials.
How to apply
Please carefully read this section in the announcement so that you are aware of the required attachments and specific instructions for applying. Any/all job history, education, licenses or other qualifications you want us to review must be included in your application or resume. Depending on the recruitment, a hiring manager may require a cover letter.
- Fill out the application or attach a resume: Your submitted experience fields or attached resume must include dates (MM/YYYY) for each employer and skills/duties for each work experience.
- Attach a cover letter: Attach a cover letter that follows the directions listed in the job announcement. Directions may include addressing your cover letter to a specific person, a page limit or including in your cover letter how you specifically meet the desired attributes listed in the announcement under the “What we'd like to see" section. If a cover letter is not required in the “How to apply" section, we will not review any submitted cover letters.
Our recruitment team is here to answer your questions. Applying for a job and have questions? Call or email us. The direct contact information for the position’s recruitment consultant will be listed in this section.
We share important information in this section related to the position and overall employment with the agency.