Skip to main content

Farm Trucking

Farm trucking in Oregon is a regulated activity. Regardless how farmers use their trucks, safety regulations may apply. See below for information about Oregon farm trucking operations.

Laws and Rules

Department of Transportation
Western State Offices

State of California​ Department of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 932320
Sacramento CA 94232-3200

​Operating Authority:  916-657-8153
Over-Dimension Permits:  530-654-4961 (North Region)
                                      909-383-4637 (South Region)
IRP:  916-657-7971
IFTA:  916-322-9669

Idaho Transportation Department​
3311 W. State St.
Boise ID 83707-1129

Boise Port of Entry:  208-334-3272​
Motor Carrier One Stop Shop:  208-334-8611
Over-Dimension Permits:  208-334-8420
Fuel Permits:  208-334-7834
Trip Permits:  208-334-8688
Taxes:  208-334-8770
IFTA:  208-334-8692

Nevada ​Department of Motor Vehicles
Public Safety and Motor Carrier Bureau
555 Wright Way
Carson City NV 89711

​Office Phone:  775-684-4711
Operating Authority:  702-687-6007
Over-Dimension Permits:  702-687-5410
IRP:  702-687-5340
IFTA:  702-687-5340

​Operating Authority:  360-753-3111
Over-Dimension Permits:  360-664-9494
IRP:  360-753-6956
IFTA:  360-586-6596

Contact Us

Oregon Department of Transportation
Motor Carrier Transportation Division
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem OR 97302-1166
Hours of Operation (Pacific Time)
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
503-378-5203 — Farm Desk
503-378-6699 — Operating Authority
503-373-0000 — Over-Dimension Permits
503-378-6643 — IRP
503-373-1634 — IFTA
Web Editor
Email the MCTD Web Team.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how