The Oregon Council of Clinical Innovators is a statewide network of multidisciplinary health system leaders convened by the Oregon Health Authority Transformation Center. In its first three years, the program centered around a year-long learning experience for a select group of Clinical Innovation Fellows. The aims of the council are to:
- Build the capacity of innovation leaders to implement health system transformation projects in their local communities, and
- Create a network of expertise supporting Oregon's Oregon's coordinated care model and state health system transformation efforts.
Clinical Innovation Fellows: 2016-2017
Congratulations to the third cohort of Clinical Innovation Fellows, who graduated from the program in June 2017. These multidisciplinary innovation leaders actively worked with project teams to implement health system transformation projects in their local communities. Learn more about this group of Clinical Innovators and their projects
- Elizur Bello, M.S.W.: PacificSource – Columbia Gorge; The Next Door, Inc.; Mental health promotion using community health workers
- Wil Berry, M.D.: PacificSource – Central Oregon; Deschutes County Behavioral Health; Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare; Behavioral health clinical vision and organizational development
- Stuart Bradley, M.P.H.: Willamette Valley Community Health; WVP Health Authority; CCO-level health equity
- Kelley Burnett, D.O.: AllCare Health; Behavioral health integration and navigation supports in Josephine County
- Kevin Cuccaro, D.O.: InterCommunity Health Network; Opioid reduction and chronic pain management in the patient-centered primary care home
- Brian Frank, M.D.: Health Share of Oregon; Oregon Health and Science University Department of Family Medicine; Food insecurity and nutrition
- Shellie Holk, B.S.N., R.N.: Health Share of Oregon; Albertina Kerr; Alternative payment method and medical home for children with developmental and behavioral challenges
- Jennifer Johnstun, B.S.N., R.N.: PrimaryHealth of Josephine County; Regional opiate reduction performance improvement
- Mimi McDonell, M.D.: PacificSource – Columbia Gorge; North Central Public Health District; Community-based walking group
- Charlene McGee, B.S.: Health Share of Oregon; Multnomah County Health Department; Refugee and immigrant maternal, children and family medical home
- Caryn Mickelson, Pharm.D.: Western Oregon Advanced Health; Southern Oregon safe opioid prescribing
- Chad Partington, E.M.T.: Cascade Health Alliance; Oregon Mobile Healthcare; Community paramedic program
Clinical Innovation Fellows and Faculty: 2015-2016
This select group of Clinical Innovation Fellows developed and refined their skills in leadership, quality improvement, implementation and dissemination science and graduated from the program in June 2016. See the fellows' bios and project descriptions to learn more about their work.
Clinical Innovation Fellows and Faculty: 2014-2015 Pilot Cohort
The Clinical Innovation Fellows Program was launched with funding from Oregon's State Innovation Model (SIM) grant from the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Innovation and was coordinated by the Oregon Health Authority Transformation Center.